Thursday, October 2, 2008

Classmate Jason Willett runs for mayor of Jonesboro!



For those of you not on Facebook, Jason Willett has these words posted on his group page Willett for Mayor. I love his reference to being a JHS 89er! Very impressive bio Jason!

Dear Citizens of Jonesboro:

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Jason Willett and I am running for Mayor of Jonesboro. Allow me to outline my commitments to you as your next mayor:

* To provide fresh leadership and positive vision
* To support city school districts
* To assist Arkansas State University with enrollment and retention rates
* To advocate police, fire, and all first responders
* To support growing infrastructure needs
* To work with the Chamber of Commerce to expand our existing industrial base and to promote and to attract new jobs
* To support the growth of Downtown Jonesboro
* To improve the Jonesboro Regional Airport
* To support our city parks to maintain a family oriented environment
* Run an open government giving all a seat at the table as Jonesboro maps its future

Being a 1989 graduate of Jonesboro High School, I have a lifelong commitment of service to this city:

* Board of Directors, St. Bernards Regional Medical Center Development Foundation Board
* Member, Health South Rehabilitation Hospital Community Advisory Board
* Member, Community Council of Jonesboro Public Schools
* Member, Kiwanis Club of Jonesboro
* Member, Craighead County Democratic Central Committee
* Member, Downtown Jonesboro Association
* Member, ASU Indian Club
* President, Kiwanis Club of Jonesboro
* Chairman, Democratic Party of Craighead County
* Chairman, Craighead County Election Commission

As you can tell by my record above, I am Jonesboro Raised, Jonesboro Committed, Jonesboro Proud!

Please feel free to call, email, or stop by the campaign headquarters and visit with us. I know how government works. As Mayor, I will make it work for you.

Thank you,

Jason Willett

No comments: