Friday, October 24, 2008

In Loving Memory



Everyone, Scott Sanford passed away Friday, October 24th at 11:00 Hawaii time. Please keep his family in your prayers. I will always remember what a sweet guy he was when we were going through MacArthur and JHS. It's so sad to know that we have lost a classmate and friend.

In case some of you don't know, we also lost Belinda Carmichael in a terrible accident a year or so ago. I will always remember Belinda wearing Mickey Mouse sweatshirts. She loved Mickey Mouse so much that her family had Mickey Mouse around at her funeral. She was a very sweet and caring person who left behind young children.

For Belinda's funeral some of us sent a plant that had a black ribbon with JHS 1989 in gold lettering on it with the card signed JHS Class of 1989. A few of us also attended the funeral. I'm thinking we should do the same for Scott. I'll post arrangement details as soon as we find out. Also in tribute to our lost friends I think it would be nice if we all posted special memories through comments to this post, maybe as a way to grieve together as a class.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott was one of a kind. He was around when you needed him. We know that Scott is in a better place. He was a great person, and a great friend that will be greatly missed.

Jennie Birmingham Reitz said...

Scott was one of those guys that was good to everybody. He was a friend to anyone no matter their "status". He is proof that only the good die young. Maybe it should be changed to only the best die young...because he was the best.

Tracy said...

Jennie said it right, Scott was a friend to everyone, it didn't matter who you were or where you lived. He was a very genuine person, even if it wasn't "cool" to be that way. Those things were never important to him. I think what I'll remember most about Scott is that he had one of the sweetest, most beautiful and friendly smiles I've ever seen. One that will be greatly missed at our reunion.

Deionna said...

I will agree that Scott was a sweet and kind person. I will remember the smile he always had. I am very proud to know that he did good things with his life and for our country in the short time he was on this earth. You are in a better place now, where you will no longer have any pain. I will continue to pray for your family. Love and Miss you

jennclack said...

Scott was such a beautiful soul. I know we will all miss him terribly. His service will be on Friday (Oct. 31). I'll post a time as soon as we hear. I will definitely be there.

jennclack said...

The visitation for Scott will be Saturday, Nov. 1, at 1:00 p.m. and the funeral at 2:00 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church in Jonesboro. Feel free to email me at jclack@suddenlink.net if you have any questions. Thanks!

Kendra Gillanders Asher said...

When I get the family's permission, I will be adding Scott in the dedication part of our Veteran's Day program that my choir will be presenting on November 11, 2008. I will send a copy of his recognition for all to enjoy. He will be greatly missed. It was a pleasure and an honor to know him.